You didn’t become a business owner to be your own accountant. Has managing your bill-paying process become a weekly chore fraught with stacks of paper, late fees and trips to the post office? Does payroll processing take you away from the important tasks you need to do as a business owner? Is your year-end financial reporting something you dread every year? If you answered “yes” to one or all of these questions, YourBooks® is for you.
YourBooks is an outsourced accounting, payroll and financial reporting service package that combines QuickBooks™ with the services of Bill.com™ to become a hands-free accounting system for your business. Designed for small to medium-sized businesses, YourBooks moves all of your accounts payable and payroll processing to the cloud and automates these transactions so you no longer need to write and mail paper checks. YourBooks® works as the perfect small business accounting, payroll, and bookkeeping software that business owners from Minnesota to Florida and across the country can rely on for accuracy and ease of use. YourBooks® is secure, giving you control over the approval and payment of bills. And since YourBooks® works in the cloud, all of these transactions can be viewed in real time.
YourBooks®: Business accounting made easy
Transitioning your business bookkeeping over to YourBooks is a simple and seamless 5-step process:
- We begin by evaluating your current accounting system. If it’s out of date or if you’re not using QuickBooks™, we’ll get your business set up on the latest version.
- Next, we’ll set up your account with Bill.com™, which automates your payables, receivables and cash flow.
- Your vendors are then directed to submit all invoices through your Bill.com™ account, which eliminates the hassle and paperwork associated with payables.
- Then we connect your bank and credit card information to YourBooks® so transactions become hands-free, saving you hours each week on bookkeeping.
- Finally, we personally walk you through your new, automated accounting system with a quick tutorial that shows you just how easy and effortless it is to watch your accounting transactions take place in real time.
The business benefits of moving your accounting system to YourBooks® are numerous and don’t just include time savings. In addition, you’ll enjoy a paperless system since no invoices will be mailed to your business. Plus, all transactions are handled in the cloud so you’ll be able to see your finances in real time, and can allow other individuals to monitor your books as well. Year-end financial reporting becomes easy since all of your receivables and payables are in one, easy-to-access system.
The real benefit is the personalized support you’ll receive. Your accountant will have access to your account. If there is ever an issue or question concerning your bookkeeping, your accountant can quickly log into YourBooks®, view the transactions and assist you.
Trust your business bookkeeping to Lurie
Business accounting is one of the most important, and often most frustrating, aspects of being a business owner.
Outsourcing your business accounting with an accounting firm is the easiest way to alleviate the mistakes and frustrations associated with managing your books. Rest assured that your business is in good hands by implementing an accounting system in conjunction with Lurie.
Your accounting firm
Lurie maintains a large practice that assists entrepreneurial companies, non-profits, family offices and private businesses with their daily bookkeeping, year-end planning and tax preparation. We specialize in helping businesses create an accounting system that takes the worry and hassle out of managing your books. By combining our accounting and consulting experience with your specialized business experience, we’ll build a personalized accounting solution that fits perfectly with your daily operations.
The Lurie difference
Unlike many accounting firms that simply meet with you annually to reconcile your books and prepare your year-end tax statements, the CPAs at Lurie are intimately involved with the organizations we represent.
YourBooks® combines QuickBooks™ files with the services of Bill.com™ to transform your current business accounting into a hands-free one that operates in the cloud. All bill paying and payroll is handled for you, eliminating the need to write and mail checks. But still offers the security of an effective approval process. Since YourBooks® works in the cloud, your accountant can view and monitor your daily transactions, and is available anytime for questions or concerns.
Lurie CPA can also assist you with planning for what lies ahead.
5 benefits of YourBooks®
As your business grows, time becomes scarce. You’re pulled in a dozen directions and if you’re not careful, your business can suffer as a result. In recent years, outsourced services have become a popular option for businesses interested in receiving top-quality support while freeing up valuable time and reducing costs associated with hiring an employee to handle the service.
One of the fastest growing outsourced services areas is finance and accounting. Not only will outsourcing your financials give you peace of mind, but your business will realize great benefits.
- Sharpen your focus. By spending less of your day overseeing bills and payroll, you’ll free up valuable time that can be redirected back into managing and growing your business. As an expert in your field, it’s critical that you use that expertise to focus on business goals, growth and managing your day-to-day operations.
- Lower costs. While it may seem like you’re saving money by doing your accounting in house, outsourcing this function will lower your total costs. You’ll eliminate the costs related to employee benefits, training, expensive accounting software, hardware, office supplies and paper checks and envelopes.
- Access to expert resources. Outsourcing your accounting functions to a CPA firm puts you in direct contact with experts who are just a phone call away. You’ll no longer need to worry if your in-house accounting department is up to date on the ever-changing and complex standards of accounting and financial reporting.
- Real-time reporting. With the increasing popularity of cloud computing, real-time financial reporting is now a reality. You’ll no longer need to wait for your accountant to balance the books to determine if you have the funds to purchase that new piece of equipment. By storing your bookkeeping in the cloud, all accounting transactions and balances, including bank balances, accounts receivables, accounts payables and payroll, are instantly visible and up-to-the-minute accurate.
- Year-end made easy. With a team of accountants overseeing your books every step of the way, year-end financial reporting becomes a breeze. By outsourcing this business necessity, you can rest assured that your financial reporting is accurate and completed on time.