While in a high school accounting class, Shelley’s interest in working with numbers and ledgers sparked. Wanting to explore more, she completed an accounting degree and worked in the field for a few years. Realizing that she needed a break, she went back to school to follow a passion for art and photography. While running her own photography business for many years, she kept the accounting industry on her mind by preparing taxes on the side. The interest sparked again, and Shelley realized she wanted to work with tax laws and grow relationships with clients again. Shelley’s drive to partner with clients and help them problem solve is a great asset to the tax department. She specializes in individual tax returns, non-profit, trust and estate returns.
Outside of Lurie, Shelley enjoys riding her bike along the beautiful paths in the cities. She also keeps her creative passion close by with writing and photography.
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts – Southwest Minnesota State University
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting – Metro State University
Professional and community involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Social Venture Partners – Due Diligence Committee Member
- Midtown Writers Group