Lee’s interest in finance, accounting and tax stemmed from a need to understand the family child care business she operated for 14 years. The interest blossomed into a CPA license, a Master of Business Taxation, and a decade’s worth of experience with Accountability MN. She is now an expert in high-income individual tax, entity analyzing, process organization and teaching tax issues. Lee especially enjoys developing planning methods to help the business owners understand how their businesses affect their individual tax liability and thus how to plan business/individual interaction.
Lee’s other passion is Finland’s history and heritage. She’s lived there, studied the language and history, and visits as often as she can. Lee serves as the Treasurer of FinnFest USA, a Not-for-Profit that promotes all things Finnish and Finnish American.
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Spanish – University of Minnesota / University of Seville, Spain
- Masters of Arts in History – University of Minnesota / University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Finance & Accounting Level II Certificate – University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- Master of Business Taxation – University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Active CPA – Minnesota Board of Accountancy
- FinnFest, USA