Kate M. Siegrist, CPA, CISA, CRISC, HITRUST CCSFP
About Kate Siegrist
Kate Siegrist is a Technology Assurance leader who advises CEOs, CISOs, and CIOs on cybersecurity compliance. She helps her clients navigate highly regulated industries to ensure business opportunities are not missed due to compliance burden. After nearly 20 years of combined experience in auditing, security, and technology controls, Kate knows how to provide the highest level of service that is customized for each client, whether they are a Fortune 50 company or an early-stage startup.
Customer service, first.
“The lens I see the world through comes down to customer service,” says Kate. “When I put myself in my clients’ shoes, I understand that an audit is something they may need but not necessarily be excited about. What makes working with my team and I different is we customize the experience, so it’s not an out-of-the-box type of cybersecurity or compliance audit experience. We make sure it achieves your goal and it’s an enjoyable client experience.”
“This goes beyond the SOC report or HITRUST certification,” Kate continues. “What we do is help our clients navigate conversations with their customers or end-users. This is because urgency, communication, and reporting clarity are so critical when you’re talking about keeping your largest customer or have the opportunity to work with a new one.”
Leadership in her team and within the industry
Kate leads a growing team that consults with executive leadership and business owners to improve their security, compliance, and technology controls posture. The Technology Assurance practice at Lurie provides services in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3, HITRUST, HIPAA Security, Privacy, NIST, ISO 27001, and a growing list of cybersecurity advisory services.
Kate is a featured speaker on technology and control topics relevant in this rapidly evolving arena. Kate has been recognized as a “Top Woman in Finance” by Business & Commerce, and as a “40 Under 40” by the Business Journal.
Finding the right solution means providing a road map
The difference and impact Kate provides to her clients is in helping them best understand security and compliance demands at the customer level in the most cost-effective and efficient way. “What makes me a bit different is how I solve the problem,” says Kate. “I think it’s critical for clients to understand what are their customer’s needs. The users of the audit. What we do is take what our clients usually believe will be a very complex, overwhelming problem, and break it down into something customized, achievable, and in a reasonable time frame.”
Kate loves spending time with her family, as most do, by supporting her kid’s talents and interest in the arts, theater, and music. Kate says she “got her passion back for playing the piano” recently and says she’ll continue this in her free time with her other love of drama – reality tv shows. “I’m a reality tv show buff,” says Kate. “I have the occasional business podcast and invest in my work regularly, but if I’m being honest in my free time I really enjoy pop culture.”
- Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems and Finance – University of Minnesota-Carlson School of Management
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Dress for Success – Finance Committee Chair & Board Member
- YMCA of the North – Audit Committee Member
- University of Minnesota – Carlson School of Management MIS Executive Advisory Board for Curriculum
- Women’s Business Development Center of Minnesota
- 2014 Top Women in Finance Award recipient
- 2018 Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal 40 under 40 award recipient
- Institute of Internal Auditors | Service Organization Controls 1, 2, and 3 Audits; HITRUST
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association | Mobile Device Security
- Women’s Business Development Center | ‘How to Build a Board of Advisors’
- Lurie Client Base | Cybersecurity