Becky is the Service Line Leader of Lurie’s Outsourced Accounting Service, YourBooks. She has over 15 years of experience with providing overall financial strategy and direction as a Controller/CFO for both businesses and Non-Profits.
Throughout her career in accounting and financial planning, Becky has established a reputation for aligning financial and business metrics to support business strategy and growth. Becky’s focus for the last 4 years has been on cloud automation
technology and the impact it can have on optimizing the accounting process. She’s passionate about helping clients use their accounting process to increase the effectiveness of their business and to provide valuable insights into how they can reach their maximum growth potential. Her expertise centers on a client’s business needs and translating those needs into tangible actions in accounting and finance solutions.
Prior to Lurie, Becky spent 4 years as a Controller in the healthcare industry, and 6 years with a top 10 accounting firm establishing their outsourcing shared services team here in Minneapolis. She was instrumental in setting up the new business unit infrastructure, driving technology initiatives, hiring, and training over 100 staff accountants.
Becky provides a broad range of accounting services, including:
- Financial reporting, planning, and analysis for Management or Boards
- Developing budget and cash flow forecasting models and financial projections
- Accounting System selection and implementation
- Managing internal controls, as well as many other compliance and policy functions
- Leadership, Training, and coaching of the YourBooks Outsourced Accounting Team.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting – American Public University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration – American Public University
- AICPA Level I & II NonProfit Accounting Certification
- Intacct Accounting and Implementation Specialist Certification
- QuickBooks Pro-Advisor
- Bill.com and Expensify Certified Professional
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants