Dear Clients and Friends,
The COVID-19 response is evolving rapidly across the country and in our communities. As more cases are diagnosed and the importance of social distancing is reinforced by public health officials, we want to inform you about the latest steps we’re taking to help slow the spread of coronavirus.
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, we will adopt a full-fledged “work from home” policy and access to our offices will be limited to essential personnel only. We will continue to serve our clients and are adjusting our policies and procedures accordingly. We have added the capabilities for our entire firm to work remotely over the past number of years and therefore you will not see disruption in our ability to serve you:
- We will continue to have someone at the front desk so that clients may drop off paper documents in the vestibule during business hours. (After hours drop-offs can continue through the mail slot.)
- All in-person meeting will be rescheduled to take place via phone or video conference.
- At this time, there has not been any extension of the filing or tax payment deadlines. We will continue to work with clients to complete their tax returns or extensions under the current rules.
- All tax returns will be securely delivered electronically (save send technology).
- Until further notice, we will not have any teams working at client sites unless the client is a healthcare provider or first responder where we are assisting with critical operations. We are currently working with each client to determine how to best conduct engagement fieldwork.
We know that many of you are facing the demands of running a business and taking care of employees, along with concerns for the well-being of your families. We are able to continue serving your needs while actively taking steps to help lessen the transmission of COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Lurie trusted advisor. You can count on us to keep you updated with items that affect your tax filings as new information becomes available.
We have heard from many of our clients and know that you, too, are doing everything you can to follow the recommendations of the CDC and public health officials. We thank you for your understanding and flexibility as we navigate this unprecedented situation together.
Beth Kieffer Leonard, Managing Partner