As a business owner, or an accountant for a business, you face the demands of an ever-changing business environment. How can Lurie, LLP best help you meet these challenges? Just being aware of the issues surrounding technology, accounting and tax strategies, payroll tax and sales tax matters is not enough information.
Lurie understands your need to be more informed. That’s why we’ve developed the Bookkeepers Update. At this seminar, you will benefit from:
- An up-to-date overview of Affordable Care Act reporting, payroll reporting issues, sales and use tax, and many timely topics
- Q&A interaction during the session with the presenters and fellow attendees
- Ready-to-use reference materials
Seminar objectives and benefits
By the end of this seminar, you will have learned:
- Affordable Care Act reporting changes and clarification of employer responsibilities for medical insurance fringe benefits
- How to plan for the business year end, and what information to provide to your tax preparer
- Sales and use tax requirements and helpful reference information
- What to do to prepare for a sales and use tax audit
- What nexus is, and how it may affect your business
- Fringe benefit reporting, especially for S corporation, and owners and members of a limited liability company (LLC) or partners in a partnership
- New per diem rates
- 2016 wage bases and tax rates for payroll, for both employee and employer, and retirement plan contributions
- Form 1099 reporting – when to report and how to avoid penalties
- QuickBooks tips – question and answer session for Desktop and QBO
Thursday, Dec. 3
8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Seminar
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55405
For more information or to register, contact Janet Vanatta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-381-8885.