Kevin H. Besikof, CPA, CVA, CMA, CLP, CFF
Kevin specializes in serving entrepreneurs, innovators, athletes and high-net-worth individuals. His passion is helping clients achieve business and personal success from start-up to succession and believes a team-based approach is key to his clients’ success. Kevin is focused on supporting his clients and enjoys guiding them toward making the right decisions for their businesses.
Kevin began his career at a Big 4 accounting firm and later served as the CFO of a manufacturing company. He joined Lurie in 2003 and became Partner in 2009. From 2013 – 2016, Kevin was focused on developing Lurie’s YourBooks™ service line and served as the lead partner for the service.
Kevin works with clients in a variety of industries, including advertising, legal, apparel, licensing, recycling, consulting, manufacturing and distribution. He leads Lurie’s Marketing Services and Agencies Go-To-Market team that delivers industry focused tax, accounting and consulting solutions.
Kevin is a Certified Valuation Analyst and provides business and intellectual property valuations for estate and gift taxes, transactions, purchase price allocations and litigation matters. He also serves as an expert witness, providing testimony and analysis of economic damages for cases involving patents, trade secrets, business interruption, contracts and other matters.
Services Kevin provides:
- Tax planning, compliance and profitability consulting for a number of growing advertising agencies
- Tax planning and compliance, consulting, and accounting outsourcing (YourBooks™) for family offices and professional athletes
- Developed and implemented a Phantom Stock Plan for a manufacturing company
- Valuations of minority interests in manufacturing, service, real estate and high tech companies for estate tax returns and gift tax planning
- Income tax, sales and use, withholding, and unemployment audit representation
He enjoys cycling (preferably gravel), snowboarding, Insanity! workouts, events at the Orpheum and other theaters and spending time with his family.
- Master of Accountancy – University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting – University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Certified Public Accountant, licensed by the Minnesota Board of Accountancy
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and member of the Institute of Management Accountants
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) and member of the Licensing Executive Society
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Former Member Relationship with the Judiciary Committee
- Minneapolis-based sports management firm – Former Board Member
- Cycle Health – Former Treasurer
- Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis – Former VP Finance and Board Member
- 2010 Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal 40 Under 40 recipient