Charles E. Talbert, MBA, ASA, EA, MAAA, MSPA
The love of mathematics runs in the family for Charles. His father was a mathematics teacher and always encouraged him to become an actuary. Today, he has 30 years of experience as an actuary and specializes in defined benefit pension plan consulting and administration. He enjoys helping his clients understand complex retirement planning strategies and taking the time to explain things in a way that is easily understood.
Charles has always had a passion for crew (rowing), both here in Minnesota and throughout college. He attributes his collaborative team work style to his time as a member of the varsity crew team in college. Outside of work, Charles has a passion for giving back to the community, especially supporting education efforts for Native Americans and teaching students at North Hennepin Community College.
- Master of Business Administration – University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- Master of Science in Statistics – University of California, Riverside
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Psychology – University of Southern California
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Academy of Actuaries
- Society of Actuaries
- University of Southern California Alumni Association
- Minnesota Boat Club
- Feed My Starving Children